Passionately Bordeaux3,800 hectares rooted in the heart of the most prestigious wine- growing region in the world.
3,800 hectares rooted at prestigious wine-growing
The wineries of Sauveterre de Guyenne, Saint-Pey- Génissac, Blasimon and Espiet joined together in 2007 under the UG BORDEAUX banner, becoming one of the biggest producers of the Bordeaux wine region.
Its vines spread out across twenty communes on the right bank of the Garonne River, in a region brimming with historical richness dating back over thousands of years. Abbeys, medieval fortresses, bastides and châteaux bear witness to the wonderful history of a land marked first of all by religious orders, then by the powerful lords who built up the renown and the prosperity of the wines of Bordeaux throughout the centuries.
As far as the eye can see, vineyards cloak hillsides and carpet terraces, they embrace arable land, woods and villages. Thanks to this outstanding mosaic of locations, slopes and aspects, UG BORDEAUX can highlight the authenticity and originality of fine vineyards and fine grapes in the Bordeaux wine-growing region.
- Founded in: 2007
- Gathering : Sauveterre-Blasimon- Espiet Cellars and Saint-Pey Génissac Winegrowers
- Members: 250 winegrowers
- Employees: 50
- Turnover: €32 millions
- Export: 30%
- Red wine: 3,050 ha
- White wine: 676 ha
- Red grapes: Merlot 60%, Cabernet Sauvignon 28%, Cabernet Franc 12%.
- White grapes: Sauvignon 54 %, Sémillon 35%, Muscadelle 11%
- Red Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur: 145,000 hl
- Rosé & Clairet Bordeaux: 20,000 hl
- White Bordeaux & Entre-Deux-Mers: 30,000 hl
- Crémant de Bordeaux: 20,000 hl